Friday 7 August 2015

How Beautiful Jaipur’s Bagru Printing Is!

What drives us to diverse places? Have you ever given a thought to it? So many interesting answers start jamming your mind if you ask your heart. Happiness, joy, bliss, ecstasy, adventure, curiosity, thrill and enriching knowledge bank will be the commonest replies. How about getting these all in one? Feeling exciting! Tour to north India has guarantee of these, I wasn’t aware of it.

To let you catch what I felt while going through visit to top 10 travel destinations in north India, you have to aboard the ship of my flashback. What should I call it less than LUCK BY CHANCE that north India excursions overwhelmed my heart with true delight! I booked Delhi tour packages for getting an interview with historical places, like Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Humayun Tomb & Akshardham Temple. But Delhi pottery tour left me twinkly eyed. After that tour, I kept on daydreaming for satisfying my thirst for more crafts from artisans. The magic of potters’ clay gripped my mind, body & soul. This strengthening desire met its end when my friends, all of sudden, rang me to inform that I had to accompany them to Pink City ‘Jaipur’.



Curiosity started ringing in me to search if there is any villa of handicrafts. My eyes asked for ‘PARTY’ while informing my brain that there was not one but hundreds of craftsmen’s villas.  Within a second, I nodded for Jaipur tour packages from Delhi to my friends. Why not should be so?  My daydreams were going to be true very soon.      
  
My dating with Amer Fort, City Palace, Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal made me fallen in love with all these places. But still, my heart was searching craftsmen’s masterpieces. Granting my request, all my friends took seat in the car and drove to Bagru. I was where the ‘Bagru’ designs get printed. What I saw there was fantastically amazing. I rubbed my eyes twice & thrice after knowing that my simple yet stylish ethnic Kurti began its journey from the very place where I was standing.  Because of that outfit, I had thousands of compliments in my pocket.

How those artisans draw delicate lining of intricate designs-it was worth watching.  Washing, harda dyeing & block printing emboss beautiful motifs on fabric. Thereafter, washing in cold water & boiling water respectively keeps the chippa community busy in this printing work.  The popularity of this centuries-old fabric printing has made its way to celebrities’ wardrobe also.
Now, I have realized what my eager heart was looking for. It’s the appealing, affordable and stylish printing of bagru.

No comments:

Post a Comment